Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Three Artists

My first choice of artists is Shepard Fairey. He is the man who drew the red, white and blue Obama hope sign. He has also don't other drawing similar to these. I am interested in this because the color scheme and way of going about these drawings are very interesting and I think it is interesting how the Obama picture got so famous.


Second is Sam Gilliam. His paintings looks like tie dye t-shirts. These paintings are so interesting and beautiful. All of the colors mixing and thrown together is so pretty. I would like to look into this kind of art and maybe even try it.


Lastly, Frank Stella. His drawings have a lot of color to them, but they seem like very basic drawing of different patterns. His art is much more abstract and I would be interested in looking more into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment